Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday Shopping

I have never been much of a shopper, but K, L & I got up at 5 and headed out in a snow shower like you wouldn't believe! It was wonderful and really put me in a holiday mood. We got to Target at 5:55 and the line was 5 or 6 abreast and all the way around the store headed back to Famous Dave's. I've never seen the mobs before, so we got out of the car to watch what happened when the store opened. It was all pretty orderly, until some guy got impatient waiting for the line to disperse so he could get in. Security ran him and his woman out for cutting in line. The hot item seemed to be Guitar Hero. There seemed to be a pretty good crowd in electronics, but other than that I have no idea where all the mob was. We bought a few videos and didn't even have to wait in line at the checkout counter. The only other place we hit was the mall where just a few stores had opened early. Again, no wait at the cashier's stand. If what we saw was any indication--people were out, but not buying much. And I have to confess, we didn't buy much either. But we sure had a good time people watching and enjoying the Christmas weather.

No comments: