Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Art Gallery Inspiration

I loved the photography of Homer Page. Most of it was taken in 1949 on the streets of New York. He captured the spirit of the era and the city. I loved the faces and the fashion, but also the hustle of the city in his photos. His photos of kids, baseball, and even the advertising were unforgettable. The photograph above was the only color photo in the exhibit, and I had a hard time walking away from it. (I wish I could have gotten a better shot of it!) It was beautiful and haunting: a young woman standing on the street, gazing in the window at an older woman sitting alone in her home. So many unanswered questions!

This was part of their "interactive" contemporary art, meaning you could walk across this floor. Very unusual and kind of cool. I can imagine that children love it.
Part of the outdoor sculpture gallery--and one of the pieces often featured at the
Nelson Art Gallery.
Easily the most recognized sculpture to the average Midwesterner. As cold as the sculpture material is, I find it incredible to believe how realistic the muscles and lines look.

No comments: