Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It always happens

K read a review of a book and wondered if I could pick up a copy of it with my bookstore discount. Bobby and Jackie came out this week. K is obsessed with all things Kennedy, so I bought the book for her last night.

Did I mention K has been in Iowa with a friend? I brought the book home last night, started it this morning, and there is a good chance I won't get much done until I finish it. K gets home at 5:30 or so this afternoon. I'm sure she is going to want her book soon. Hopefully, I'll be done.

Remember the stack of books that I still want to get through this summer? Well, Bobby and Jackie wasn't in that stack. And that pushes all of them back again.

To top it all off, I'm also reading The Time Traveler's Wife before I go to work and on breaks. Yep, I just take it off the shelf, remember the page I left off, and continue on. I don't work again until Friday. Hope I can wait that long to find out what happens next.

I'm not great at reading two books at one time. I also prefer to read a book rather quickly. If I ignore it for a few days, I don't often pick it up again. So, Bobby and Jackie is going to get read in one day. And The Time Traveler's Wife is really pushing my reading "comfort" zone. I'll let you know how it goes.

What always happens? There are other things I should be doing, and instead--I'm reading!

6 comments:

Gayle said...

I don't like to read more than one book at a time either. I haven't been reading much lately. I seem to go through phases where I read a lot for a while and then don't. I'm in a don't phase!

A said...

i can read a couple books at a time, but i usually get too into one to want to pick up others. and sometimes, if my book isn't in reach, i'll just start whatever is! i need to go back through time traveler... i'm going to a book club tomorrow night (if i don't wimp out... it's a new club and i don't know Anyone at it!)

kath said...

I prefer to read one at a time, but sometimes I do have two on the go. One of my favourite ways to spend a day off is to read an entire book ...

christina said...

I have been reading "the time travelers wife" too. Bliss.

Heidi said...

I'm terrible at reading two books at a time. I'm still reading that book about the homeless guy....I'm slow with it, it's depressing. But I have to see how it ends. I'm getting pretty good at reading blogs, though.
Heidi

Pugelicious said...

When I read a book I get obsessed and need to focus - if I tried reading 2 at a time I think I would send myself insane.