Friday, August 28, 2009

Week in Review


Favorite moments of this week:

  1. We spent part of Sunday at the farm. Dad is in full sunflower season there. It was the wrong time of day to take great photos, but that just means I need to take an early morning or early evening trip to catch the right light.
  2. Critter stories: mice (6 caught in one classroom), an opossum on an enclosed porch (same colleague--now known as the animal whisperer), and our bats. The best thing--I didn't hear bats last night. Maybe they have finally flown the coop. Or in our case, the attic! argh!
  3. My sophomores did great on their first test. A whopping 90% scored an A. The other 10% had to re-test until they got to 80%. So that covers Old English; now we're on to Middle English and that French influence.
  4. The walking/running continue on the dark streets of tiny town. In fact, the plan is to take a longer run/hike at the river trail near here this weekend. (In daylight!)
  5. A colleague who just adopted a baby is going to be joining us at lunch today with her new little girl. I can't wait to meet her daughter, but I've missed my teacher friend, too. I should mention that this colleague is also a former student. Yeah, my former students are now my colleagues. *sigh* O-L-D!!

Big plans for the weekend? A little snoozing, a shift at the bookstore, a birthday party, and that river trail. (Don't kid yourself. There is a lot of laundry and housework in there that I am trying to forget!)

Happy Friday!!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Kudos for your achievement of bringing the students into that high range of understanding. Only an excellent teacher can do that!

As for bats, I was thinking yesterday, as I went out into the garage to get some chicken from the freezer, that "scritch" is a perfect word for the sound that bats in the attic make and I will be using it to refer to that sound from now on whenever I need to do that. I believe Shakespeare made up words all the time and the spellings even changed occasionally and we're still studying him.

Oh, doorbell ringing, niece is here- gotta run! Have a great weekend. Rest!

puna said...

It sounds like a wonderful week overall. Much better than mine! I hope this comment "takes."

ELK said...

what great scores my friend ...you sound like you are training for a marathon ....happy sunflower day!

Gayle said...

That sounds like a great week! I like the animal whisperer nickname for your colleague. :-)

Pugelicious said...

Gorgeous sunflower - your week sounds like it was a successful one.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Mrs. E ~ Your week sounds like it was full of accomplishments. Hope the bats are gone for good. Have a great weekend.

FlowerLady

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful sunflower and the baby (other site) is adorable. Babies are so photogenic.

Relyn Lawson said...

Sounds like you had a good week. I'm so glad.