Favorite moments of this week:
- We spent part of Sunday at the farm. Dad is in full sunflower season there. It was the wrong time of day to take great photos, but that just means I need to take an early morning or early evening trip to catch the right light.
- Critter stories: mice (6 caught in one classroom), an opossum on an enclosed porch (same colleague--now known as the animal whisperer), and our bats. The best thing--I didn't hear bats last night. Maybe they have finally flown the coop. Or in our case, the attic! argh!
- My sophomores did great on their first test. A whopping 90% scored an A. The other 10% had to re-test until they got to 80%. So that covers Old English; now we're on to Middle English and that French influence.
- The walking/running continue on the dark streets of tiny town. In fact, the plan is to take a longer run/hike at the river trail near here this weekend. (In daylight!)
- A colleague who just adopted a baby is going to be joining us at lunch today with her new little girl. I can't wait to meet her daughter, but I've missed my teacher friend, too. I should mention that this colleague is also a former student. Yeah, my former students are now my colleagues. *sigh* O-L-D!!
Big plans for the weekend? A little snoozing, a shift at the bookstore, a birthday party, and that river trail. (Don't kid yourself. There is a lot of laundry and housework in there that I am trying to forget!)