Friday, October 9, 2009

Frantic Friday and Super Cold Saturday

The title says it all.

So here is the latest-


Thursday's Tiny Town Cross Country meet was cold and rainy. It was pretty miserable by the end of it. The finish line chute was just downright ugly with runners racing to the finish line and trying to stop or slow up. I don't know how many wipe outs we saw, but a lot! The poor guy who fell and then ended up sliding about five feet on his stomach was called, "Safe." (Baseball coaches should not be allowed near the finish line.)


When I got home I was soaked and slightly frozen. And I had on a lot more clothes than those poor runners did.


Friday morning the alarm went off at 4:30. *sigh* I had about seven essays left to grade. I finished them in time to jump in the shower and head to school. The sophs were so glad (yeah right!) to have their graded essays returned. There was some gnashing of teeth and a bit of wailing, but they have a chance to rewrite and make corrections for extra credit. Of course, that means more grading. *double sigh*


Friday evening, K & L went with me to watch the Mr.'s nephew play football. P was also up for Homecoming King. His team was losing at half, so after the crowning ceremony we headed home. (It was cold, and I was a wimp after Thursday night!)

The Mr. has been doing a bit of side-line reporting for a local radio station every Friday night. He covers an undefeated local football team. He didn't get to go see his nephew play, but the girls and I had a great time listening to his radio show on the way home.

Then I woke up this morning to temperatures in the 30's and cutting winds! After a quick outing with L, we are spending the afternoon with chick flicks, popcorn, and pj pants. I'd feel guilty about the lounging, but the nine week period ends next week. I'll take a little relaxing time while I can get it!

Have I told you there is a snow/rain mix that is supposed to hit the area later tonight? Yikes! That's a good reason for popcorn and movies and keeping the car in the garage!

2 comments:

Pugelicious said...

What a funny planet we share - you are freezing and I am walking around in short sleeves. Hope you have had a good weekend.

Gayle said...

Brrrr. That cold air is getting here tonight. It's supposed to go down to 30 degrees! Hope you're staying warm this weekend!