Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Blur

The blurriness of this picture almost made me delete it. I couldn't. They braved walking the hill. All energy and motion, the kids come and go so fast.
Trick or Treat!
I think Mickey might be sampling the loot! And the little sis couldn't be left out of the fun.
We had balmy weather for our trick or treaters. They were pretty cute: the fisherman, cheerleader, wrestler, chef, witch, lady bugs, a couple of Minnie Mouses, Mickey, and Dorothy from Oz. Even a high schooler brought me a couple of empty rolls of toilet paper. (No paper in my yard. I checked!) I'd have been worried, but his folks and little sister were with him. He is new to Trailer High this year, and they moved in just up the street. Great kid. Nice family.

I was going to give leaves instead of candy. We have a lot of leaves! I think I know what I am going to be doing this week. Strange to admit, but I like raking leaves; I especially like it if there is a bit of chill in the air.

L was home for the weekend. We walked at a park and had lunch and coffee at a sandwich shop in J town. She wanted to see the kids in costumes and watch U town football with her dad.

Meanwhile, K is in Philadelphia. (I know, L was just there last week to see "the boy.") K has a conference for the next few days, and she is excited to see the city. She hasn't been there before. And she made plans to have lunch with "the boy." (L might not have a single secret left after she gets through!)

Our girls travel all over, while the Mr. and I are lucky to have time for grocery shopping in J town. I'd say it isn't fair, but then the girls would just say, "Life isn't fair. Get over it." I think I spent most of their teen years saying that. I hate when they can use your words against you!

6 comments:

Gayle said...

Those are so cute trick-or-treaters! We didn't have any this year. :(

My kids haven't started to use my words against me yet. I guess they have to get a little bit older for that!

Steve Gravano said...

Nice photos, I even like the blurred one at the top. I miss all the trick-or-treaters. One one came this year, not even the boy from next door.

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Cute spOOks! I am glad you had a terrific weekend!

christina said...

we only had 2 trick or treaters. : ) oh, I can send you some of my leaves, to hand out. lol
such cuties in the photos.
xo

Pugelicious said...

Aww how cute - the first image is almost a bit eerie - fitting for a Halloween post.

Katie @ Can't Get There said...

I'll let you in on a secret - I love raking leaves, too. It makes me think of home, where there were a lot more leaves to rake!

And I'm going to Philadelphia, too! I leave tomorrow, to see my little sister defend her doctoral dissertation. Someone has to make faces at her and that's what big sisters are for!