Last Random Dozen of 2009
(Thanks 2nd Cup of Coffee for providing the questions)
1. Do you find it gross to share drinks with family? Friends?
All of the above. I find it gross when my students share drinks out of water or pop bottles. I keep my germs to myself, thank you. (And I'd love it if you did also!)
2. What have you learned this year?
I'm happier if I never watch the news. I can read it in a newspaper and form my own opinions. I find myself less hateful and judgmental if a news show hasn't beat a person/incident to death. I want to like American citizens--and not watching the 24 hour news channels makes this possible again.
3. When do you dismantle the Christmas decorations?
When I feel motivated--but definitely before New Year's Day is over.
4. Something you want to accomplish before the end of 2009 is...
cleaning out the home office- yikes!
5. How do you feel about winter (after Christmas)?
I love it--probably because I am fortunate enough to have a warm house and warm clothes. I love a definite change in seasons!
6. Have you participated in any after Christmas sales?
Not yet. And I'm not sure I will this year.
7. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
Dinner and a movie have become a tradition. If it isn't too cold, we will join an outdoor countdown celebration taking place in the heart of U town.
8. Is there anything special awaiting you in January?
L's birthday, several new babies (the niece, a colleague) and maybe a visit with the Mr.'s cousins.
9. If your life this year was a movie, what category or genre would it be? (Romance, Comedy, Drama, Thriller, Suspense, Farcical, etc.)
I'm going with the farce: teaching in a trailer, walking a "cattle chute" sidewalk for hallways, the bookstore crazies, teaching 16 year olds, battling bats--you can't make this stuff up! No one would believe it.
10. How much time per day do you spend blogging? Please do not lie. I will know.
I probably spend between 30 to 45 minutes posting. (Except when I'm doing the Random Dozen. My blog hasn't been letting me cut and paste, so I have to retype it all. argh! Now you know why I don't do it often.) I can spend anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour or so reading other blogs. Now Facebook is another story! (Yeah, way too much time on the computer. I don't smoke at all or drink much--I just compute.)
11. Who runs your household?
Hmmm...the Mr. reads this. I let him think he does!! *wink*
12. Share one hope/dream for 2010.
I hope our new schools and our church have been built (rebuilt?) and are in use before 2010 comes to an end. I think all of Tiny Town will feel better when our schools and churches are whole and healthy again!
If cut and paste ever comes back, I will do this again. Until then--this may be my last random dozen. I have a headache from going back and forth!