The week that was:
1. My classes had to write a perfect paragraph using a comma, semicolon, and colon correctly. I graded until I found the first error in grammar or spelling. Every error meant a rewrite. Every rewrite of the paragraph dropped the paragraph a letter grade. Proofreading suddenly became a priority. Finally.
2. A stomach bug spent about 18 hours making my life miserable. Thankfully, it went away as quickly as it came.
3. The highlight of my day: plugging in the Christmas lights when I get home. The lowlight (pretty sure I made up that word!): an unlit Christmas tree every morning.
4. Sarah McLachlan's "Wintersong" CD arrived in the mail from Dandy in California. Now mind you, the girl is getting married on Saturday! I'm surprised she is remembering to breathe, let alone mailing gifts to blog friends. I love McLaclan's voice, and this is a great mix of Christmas songs! Thanks, Dandy. I'll think of you every time I listen to it--and happy wedding wishes!
5. "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" was on TV. Let the Holiday specials and Christmas movies begin!
6. The new phone has taken up many "off" hours this week. I am the dazed and confused owner of a Blackberry Curve. I know I am going to love it--eventually. I think I've got the basics down. Now for the bells and whistles...!
I want to watch "Love Actually" this weekend. It has become one of my all-time favorite movies. Filmed after 9-11 and set in England, it puts into perspective what is really important: love. Love in every form you can imagine.
Happy December! Happy Weekend!