Another random dozen. I finally have cut and paste working again. It also beats blogging about this cold weather or school. I refuse to sound like a broken record. (Well, at least for a day!) These come from Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee.
1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?
Complain? Yes, though I usually try to do this with a sense of humor or a lot of sarcasm! Hissy fit? Rarely. I'll go with a 5. (Let's not get the Mr.'s input on this one!)
2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?
Hmmm....some of both. I'm awfully wishy washy today, eh? (More listening than thinking about a response. The hearing is going, so I have to work harder at listening!)
3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?
Nope. I did a lot of major cleaning out three and a half years ago. Nothing like a close call to make you want to "get your house in order," so to speak.
And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie's Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!
4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?
Estee Lauder's Spellbound has been my perfume since 1991. I think that was the summer it debuted. Signature scent? After almost 19 years, I'd say so.
5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?
I've started keeping lists on my phone. To-do lists. Grocery lists. I don't have to hunt a piece of paper. Pathetic tip, I know! I'm just not that organized!
6. What is your favorite comic strip?
Zits or Baby Blues. I love the kids in both of them. They were obviously drawn and written by someone who has been a parent.
7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?
In-between flat and fluffy. Here I go again-- wishy washy!
8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?
Yellow. A happy little color. (It's supposed to make me want to spend more time in it. Naah!)
9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?
You know the "I 'heart' my kids." Someone used the other suits in cards to create:
I "spade" my dog and I "club" my wife.
That last one isn't funny if they really do, but I love the fact that they are making fun of the "heart" icon.
10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)
The way a pen writes is really important to me. I hate pens that leave those splotches where you have to wipe the pen off before you can write more. It doesn't have to be an expensive pen, but some pens just write better than others. A quality pen just makes me want to write! (And I hate writing in pencil!)
11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?
I don't mind laundry. I like the warmth and smell of the clothes right out of the dryer. I also like the neat little stacks. Best of all, I like it when it is all put away!
12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?
"Pretty is as pretty does." I'm guessing they knew I was never going to make it on looks alone! : )
No talk of weather. No talk of school. Just a lot of random information that you didn't really need.
Coming soon: a picture of a cool mohawk. I think I've discovered that every teacher needs one student with a really good mohawk. (A good sense of humor goes a long way in the world of education! This kid just makes me smile!)