This Week's List: Things I Figured Out By Trial and Many Errors:
1. If the waiter says this plate is hot, just believe them! (Why do I always feel the urge to touch it?)
2. When the Mr. says he will "fix" whatever is broken in the house, don't let him. The toilet will be broken and have to be replaced, or the garbage disposal will be resting on the bottom of the cabinet- no longer attached to the sink.
3. If a student says, "You probably don't want to know this..." Cover your ears! Quickly!
4. Adobo sauce isn't just kind of hot. It can make a grown man cry.
5. Putting off grading papers doesn't make it any easier to get started on them later.
6. The man of the house should never have the remote unless you want to watch sports, westerns, or "Andy Griffith."
7. Always wear a bra and makeup when you leave the house. If you don't, you will always see your students.
8. No news doesn't always mean good news. Sometimes it just means the girls haven't gotten up the nerve to call and tell you yet.
9. Never take a non drowsy formula at night, unless you'd like to have a non drowsy night.
10. When the Mr. doesn't answer or respond, don't keep talking. He's asleep. (Usually still holding the darn remote!)
11. Always question medical personnel. Don't assume they are correct. (And if they have to consult their books or a computer to figure out what is going on, ask for a referral. I recommend Mayo.)
12. When you're paying them, they don't have the right to be a jerk. Call them on it, whether it is your waitress, your dentist, or your computer tech. If you don't, they will continue their bad behavior with others.
13. When someone says, "I hope you don't take this the wrong way...." there is no 'right' way to take it.
14. If you have a hole in your sock, don't wear it. It will drive you crazy all day long!
15. Don't ever say things can't get any worse. They always can. Trust me.