Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quick Update

Scary, but I went to bed at 7:00 last night.  I probably haven't done that since 3rd grade.  Obviously, I needed the sleep. 

We've been getting up at 5:00 to walk/run or wog.  (Wogging is the new word for walking and jogging.  You get the idea if you think of really slow jogging!)  Yesterday, I completed the first day of week 4 of the Couch Potato to 5K.  This is the week where I run 1/4th of a mile, walk a block, run 1/2 mile, walk three blocks and then repeat.  At this point it is hard to believe that I will be running (wogging)2 miles by mid March, but they do make it easy and fairly painless to get there. 

Did I mention it was 12 degrees when I ran yesterday?  I was pretty frosty when I made it home.  It was 11 today when the Mr. and I walked.  The sky was absolutely clear and gorgeous!

I am going to be really glad when the weekend rolls around.  I forget how much additional work setting up the testing involves (room assignments, warm up exercise, proctor instructions, etc.)--and none of that has a thing to do with preparing the kids!  I'm ready to think about something besides State Assessments.  Oh, and did I mention that my classes are also reading A Seperate Peace by John Knowles?  Yeah, I have a bit on my plate right now.

PS.  The puppy doesn't have a name yet, but we're leaning toward something Presidential:  Ike, Grover, Theodore (Teddy), or George.  I'm leaning toward Auntie C's suggestion of Grover--such a cute muppet, too! (Though I'm fond of Theodore the Chipmunk--and Teddy or Theo seems to fit as well.)  I think we're going to have to live with him before we decide for sure!  And he is going to be arriving here Friday night, which is a week earlier than we expected!

9 comments:

Gayle said...

Oh, get rested up now because the puppy will probably wake you up during the night. We found that keeping the puppy close to people during the night keeps them happier.

Good for you to get out there at 5am in the frigid weather! Brrr.

Shannon said...

wow! 5 AM and and 12 degrees! what dedication! I am trying to get ramped up to go in a little bit here. Indoors, on a treadmill at 4 PM. But it was -4 here this AM so that is my excuse. I have to agree with Gayle, Harry does much better by us at night - although we do keep him in his kennel in our closet during the night. He is our 7AM wake-up call. we might as well throw out the alarm clocks.

puna said...

You've got a lot of energy I tell ya...good for you! Keep on wogging.

Relyn Lawson said...

Ohhh. Am so proud of you. And so very impressed!

Heidi said...

You're a true go-getter! I admire it.

Have you ruled out Ulysses and Rutherford?

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Oh my gosh Mrs E!!! I didnt realise you were getting a puppy! I CANNOT wait ... on your behalf of course! Another blog dog for me to stalk yipee. Can't wait to see some photos. Well done with your traning that is good going in the cold weather and a 7pm bedtime is just perfect :-)

Katie @ Can't Get There said...

Wow - you are rocking it on so many levels right now, aren't you?! Wogging (love it!!), test-prepping, and a puppy all at once? I need to take notes from the master. :) Also? I am going to stop complaining about the forecast of 37 degrees for my race!

Steve Gravano said...

The new pup... now that's exciting. I hate getting out of bed when it's that cold!

Shalet said...

I vote Grover! Keep on wogging!