Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baxter's First Bath

The Mr. got potatoes and onions for the garden.  Yep!  That was his birthday gift.  Poor guy!  We didn't get them put in on St. Pat's Day like we had hoped.  (In this Irish community--is there any other day to plant them?!)
Since we couldn't put his plantings out last night without mudding them in, we decided to give Baxter (who was really the gift for both of our birthdays) his first bath.  He was a stinky little thing.  And now that I think about it, when we put the potatoes and onions out- he is going to need another bath.  He has to be where the action is and our terraces out back (where the garden will be) are already a big draw for him. 

We're so used to the little fluff ball, that his drowned rat appearance was a bit of a shock!  I had weighed him on the Wii Fit, and he weighed a whopping 3 1/2 pounds.  He's pretty little, but his hair makes you think he weighs more.  (So true for me, too!  My hair makes me look like I weigh more than I do.  Yeah right!)

He was shivering a bit, so we quickly towel fluffed him as dry as we could.
I finally used the hair dryer to finish him off and get rid of the shivers. 
Bax wasn't happy, but was a pretty good sport.  I know he's going to need a hair cut one of these days, but I really like his "bear" look and all that soft hair.  And now he smells pretty good, too.

Unfortunately, that is about the extent of my spring house cleaning so far:  Baxter's Bath.  I've seen a matinee, visited family, baked a cake from scratch, organized my itunes and playlists, and done some reading.  Today I am helping K with curtains.  She's shopping for them, but if she can't find what she wants at the price she wants then I am sewing them. 

I think the fun stuff is about over.  Some work is going to have to get done!  And that just takes all the fun out of Spring Break!  I can take comfort in the fact that L and CG will be home Friday, and we have to do a few fun things with them, too.  Soooo... maybe work will get done.  My procrastinating truly is a gift!

10 comments:

Mary said...

He is so adorable! Just makes you want to pick him up and squeeze him!

ELK said...

so cute . love his name!!

Gayle said...

Baxter really does look like a little bear!

kath said...

Such a sweet boy. And hey, my hair makes me look heavier too!!!

Lesley A. Owens said...

What adorable fluffy wonderfulness! I'll definitely have to meet Mr. Baxter one of these days!

Shannon said...

Baxter is so stinking cute! Harry is on bath number two for the day. The weather is beautiful here, and he loves it outside, but seems to be attracted to all the mud!

Anne said...

reminds me of Jack's 1st bath....believe it or not they both (Baxter & Jack) started out looking quiet similar....I'll see if I can't find a Jack 'puppy" pic to send one of these days......

joyce said...

That's going to be my new mantra..my hair makes me look heavier than I really am! Love it!. Baxter does look like a drowned rat, but a cute little drowned rat.
ANd, if I tried to stick a shoverl in our ground right now, it would bounce back and hit me in the face with a "what the heck do you think you're doing" look!

puna said...

Oh what a cutie! He's adorable! What a fluff ball. And you are going to cook all those vegetables for the mr right? heheheh

Dandy said...

Can he be any cuter?!!! I love the fur ball look!