The Random Dozen - Easter by Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee
1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?
Hate them! Too sugary! (Never thought this sweet craving blogger would say that, did you?!)
2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?
Deep breaths are good.
3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains?
If they are just light showers-- yes!
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?
Well, I'd want it to be a cute one so I'd say George Clooney!
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?
A nose ring could come out. Tattoos are forever.
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?
Dyeing eggs, dinner with the girls, maybe an Easter treat or two.. I'm sure I will watch the "The Ten Commandments." Not terribly special, I know.
7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs?
Ooooh....tough one. I'm going with Reese Eggs. Peanut Butter and Chocolate are hard to beat!
8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?
I did a little undercover work last night and went into the construction site to take a picture of what will be my room/wing in the new school. It doesn't look like much right now. I'm going to have to do something with the cement decor! A roof would be good, too! (Move in date: January 2011)
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?
I'm reading "Our Boys" by Joe Drape right now, and just finished "Little Earthquakes" by Jennifer Weiner.
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?
Windows. Always the windows. Ugh!
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
Maybe 3. I know they are bad for my feet, so I try to avoid them most of the time.
12. Which color makes you happiest?
Something in the red family.
On another note:
I had the best birthday. It began with several different versions of Happy Birthday. Several were over the phone. A former teacher called early and played Happy Birthday on the trumpet for me. Both girls sang to me, and a student sang a rap/opera/jazz version that will be ringing in my ears for a bit. Even the College Psychology class came in during 6th hour to sing for me.
With twins in class who share my birthday, I took cake for my classes. The kids enjoyed it. I don't treat them very often.
After school, an older church lady called to wish me a happy day. She is the sweetest lady. She's always good for a motherly hug!
Facebook provided a lot of wishes from family, friends, and students past and present.
To top it off, sunshine and warm temperatures were the icing on the cake!