Best Trailer High Moments of the Week-
1. I finally handed back research papers. I don't want to think about how many hours I spent grading outside of school. And even those who were less than thrilled with their grades didn't argue or complain. I love really clear grading sheets that tell them why they missed points!
2. We're reading the trial chapters of To Kill A Mockingbird. The students have been eager to hear the testimony every day. They have been assigned the job of being a juror and have to take notes on the testimony of each person, then determine which information is the most important to consider when reaching a verdict. Today they are turning in their notes and their own verdict. Then we are reading the final chapters of the trial to hear the actual verdict.
3. At the end of class yesterday a student told me, "I think I have a new hero: Atticus Finch." (Moment #1 that melted this teacher's heart.)
4. The Fashion Show, planned by the clothing class, was held in the gym this week. The crepe paper runway on the gym floor took the place of the steps and stage of the old auditorium. Not quite the same, but they made do. The highlight was when our Assistant Principal and Art teacher (husband and wife) came out and modeled for the finale. They were dressed in gorgeous evening attire. They walked the "runway" like a couple of pros. And yes, they were a hit.
5. A sophomore girl has left my advisory every day this week calling back over her shoulder, "I love you, Mrs. E." (Moment #2 that melts my heart.) It's hard to have a bad day after that!
Yep, 99.9% of the time I love my job!