Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Really, Really Randoms
Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee hosts Wednesday's Random Dozen. Here is this week's Random Dozen.
1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?
If the color is close to the leg color they are OK. If they are too dark or too far off from leg tone, I don't think they look good on anyone. (If they didn't have the ankle strap, I'd love them!)
2. What is your favorite pizza?
3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
I'd take the house in "Father of the Bride." (Steve Martin version) I loved everything about the way it looked--right down to the basketball goal in the driveway.
4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.
We're known for good ol' Midwestern steaks. We raise beef. Good beef.
5. What is your current favorite snack?
Salty- Chips and Salsa Sweet- Raisinettes
6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
I'm going with D. The Amazing Race Travel to foreign countries, racing, fun/interesting contests. I'd rock! Well, at least I'd have a good time!
7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?
I'll go with a 5. It could stand to be vacuumed and dusted.
8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.
my white legs aren't quite so white. Although I was tempted to write that it doesn't feel like spring until I shave my legs. I know. TMI!
9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.
Isn't it sad that I don't remember the last time I laughed really hard? And laughing until I cry is my absolute favorite!!
10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.
I'm trying to get to the point where I can run 3 miles--and then I will enter a 5k.
11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.
"We're all in the same boat on a stormy sea, and we owe each other a terrible loyalty."
12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.
Besides money?? (That is always good for happy girls.) Actually, they are pretty easy to please. Dinner, a movie, a shopping trip, or just time together. They aren't too picky!
On a side note- a former student who reads my blog told me that yesterday's song, Lady Antebellum's "I Was Here," is being used by the Susan G. Koman Foundation. This is their theme song this year for the 3 Day Walk For A Cure for breast cancer campaign. A great song for a great cause.
See. This is the proof. Some days I teach my students, but most days they teach me. And if they're really good, they keep teaching me long after they've left our school! Thanks, BK.
Posted by Mrs. E