1. My right eye is now swollen and red. It started on Monday. Yesterday, the swelling moved down under my eye as the day progressed. The Dr. thinks I have an allergy. I think I am falling apart. S-l-o-w-l-y!
2. I finally heard from a student who was behind me when I fell last week. Since I didn't know exactly what happened, I wondered if I tripped or something. Nope. They said one minute I was up, and the next I was down- hard! I landed on one shoulder and one hip. (I thought I only landed on my hip.)
3. The final two medical tests that I need can't be done until next week. They want me to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, and then they want to run an EEG to rule out any unusual brain activity.
4. Next week is the last week of school, so the timing isn't very convenient. I have to miss two afternoons in a row. *sigh*
5. Today is the last day for the Seniors. At Trailer High we are so spread out that I won't see most of them. A few of them have dropped by to leave a senior picture or a graduation announcement. It means a lot to give them one last hug and send them on their way.
Right now I just want to be able to run in the morning and walk home from school again. *double sigh*
On a cheery note: I am going to be a swimming pool attendant this summer. This job is usually done by adorable high school girls in really cute bikinis. It is always a good shock when the pool attendant is over 50 and chasing away the UV rays.
I'll miss the bookstore, but I won't miss the drive. I worked at the pool two years ago, and there is a lot of time to read. That is a definite perk! It also doesn't hurt that the job is somewhat more relaxing than teaching. I could use that about right now!