Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Girls Day: Shopping and A Movie

Yesterday was a fun day.  The girls and I went shopping. 

K was looking for an outfit for today's photo shoot.  The magazine that is writing the article about her class sent a photographer out.  Some of her students will be in the photo with her.  I think the photographer has stressed her a bit.  (This photographer has done photos for Vanity Fair, etc. and has very specific ideas and expectations.) K will be glad when it is over. 

I wasn't shopping for anything.  AND...I ended up finding a "Mother of the Bride" (aka MOB) dress.  It isn't fancy, is incredibly comfortable, and is perfect for the simple wedding and reception being planned. 

Plans for the wedding and the reception are slowly falling into place.  And that has made it all seem more real.  Like K said quoting Father of the Bride, "I met a man and he's wonderful and he's brilliant and we're getting married."  (Of course, you have to say that in the voice of a four year old!)

After shopping, L and I went to see Letters to Juliet with my women's group here in town.  I knew what was going to happen, but I liked the movie anyway.  It was a sweet story set in Italy.  (Love those wineries!) And it was fun to see Vanessa Redgrave. I love those roles for older women. 

With all the rain we've been getting, the pool job has been on hiatus.  And so has my running.  The Mr. is a fanatic about lightning.  I appreciate his concern, but I don't appreciate the lack of exercise.  Maybe tomorrow! (I sound like Scarlett O'Hara.) 

Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:

Mary said...

SCORE! Just when you least expect it, you find something you will need! :D
Sounds like y'all had a good day!

Kim said...

Glad you found a dress. One more thing crossed off the wedding checklist! You will have to give us a link to the magazine article after it's written. Have a good Wednesday, hopefully with a run included. But, looking at the weather forecast, I wouldn't count on it.

Puna said...

What an exciting event coming up in your life! Wish I could be there to take photos:)

Gayle said...

How exciting! You need to show us the dress!

Beth said...

Finding the "dress" is a "Whew!" I was stressed out on that topic for both kids' wedding. Fortunately I found something that was comfortable and in which I felt good. I'm glad you did too.

Katie (Can't Get There) said...

So glad you found a dress - when do we get to see it?? :)

Also - LOVE Vanessa Redgrave.

Also, randomly - Miriam Toews "The Flying Troutmans" lived up to expectations. Finished it in one sitting. You must read it!