Friday, June 4, 2010

"The Help" by Kathryn Stockett

Not much  of a post today.  I spent most of last evening reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.  (I told you I couldn't put it down!) 

I read a lot of books that are easy to forget.  Sometimes I'll be in a movie and think it is strange because I know what is going to happen.  And then it dawns on me that I read the book it was based on. 

Other times I will check out a book from the library and realize after a couple of chapters that I have already read it. Duh!

And then there is "The Help."  I will never forget this book.  This is one of those books that will stay with me for a long, long time.

Great read.

3 comments:

margie said...

just this weekend i was lying on the dock reading and all of a sudden tossed the book down. damn, read this book last year. we can blame it on our strokes!! lucky us, wouldn't want people to think we are shallow. lol. i can't wait to read the help.

Katie (Can't Get There) said...

Annnnd it's going on my To Read list!

Mary said...

I was thinking about that same thing yesterday. I have friends who will read the same book over and over, but me? Once I read it and know what's going to happen, it doesn't interest me. But, I can watch some movies over & over!