Saturday, February 5, 2011

Good News Is Hard to Keep To Yourself

Ever get good news that you can't tell?  You're excited and happy, but you aren't supposed to tell.  When that happens...

*I'm afraid to call my little sister because I know I'll want to share the news with her.

*I can't think of anything to blog about except the good news.  I end up with major writer's block.

*Even commenting on other blogs becomes a minefield.  I have to be tricky to avoid spilling the beans.

*I avoid some friends because all I want to do is tell them. 

*Facebook just isn't the same when you can't share the news. 

So... finally...I can tell the news:  I am going to be a Grandmother!!

Right before Christmas, K and CT found out that they were going to be parents at the end of August.  It was a bit of a surprise to them.  They weren't trying to start a family, but not avoiding it either.  They have friends who spent several years waiting for a new arrival.  They figured that would be them.  Nope.  The baby will arrive a month before their first wedding anniversary.  And now that the shock has worn off, they are quite excited!

Dandy, if you're out there, does this sound familiar?  I have had to avoid your blog for the past couple of months.  There were just a few too many similarities!

Yes, I think 2011 has all kinds of good things in store.  And...

We're going to be a Grandma and Grandpa, a grandmother and grandfather, a gran and gramps, a Nana CoCo and Papa, a Mimi and Pops, a....  well, we haven't settled on the perfect moniker yet.  Perhaps the little one will choose it for us.  But...

I can finally tell the news!  There is going to be a grand baby on Easy Street!

17 comments:

Paula said...

Congrats to all! I can personally vouch that this is one awesome experience!

Shannon said...

SO FUN! And congrats! You will be an awesome Grandma! We just found out my youngest brother and his wife are going to have a baby too! We weren't supposed to tell either, so I know how you feel!YAY!!

Hays Family 5 said...

Congratulations! How exciting!!

Kim said...

Congrats to all of you!

Lisa said...

Congratulation to your family! It is grand being a grandparent!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Congratulations to all of you. Your excitement is felt through your post.

FlowerLady

Puna said...

Oh how wonderful! Wow, things are moving fast here at Easy Street! I can't wait to hear more about this change in your life!

Anonymous said...

I'm going with Granny C and Gramps!!! Hard to believe I will be Great-Auntie Ree!!! YIPEE!!!!

Mary said...

Awww, that is the coolest news EVER! My parents had my oldest sister 9 months and 4 days after they got married!

Anonymous said...

Woot! Woot! It's the best! I was nana cam, until curtis decided "nanny cam" was more fitting. They certainly "call the shots" those grandbabies do! Congratulations!

Debbie said...

YAY! Congratulations!!!!(To both the parents & grandparents)

S. Etole said...

What blessings wait for all of you ... congratulations!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Blessings to all of you!!! Another person to love ~ how wonderful and how fortunate for the baby to be born into your loving family. Congrats ~ congrats ~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Katie

Gayle at Planet M Files said...

How exciting! Congratulations to your entire family!

Sharon Rose said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Now that is big news to have to keep to yourself for so long!

I'm excited for you and your family!

YEA!!!!!

Vodka Mom said...

Congrats!! that is amazing news, indeed. And yeah. I would TOTALLY spill the beans.

Katie (Can't Get There) said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Congrats!! I am so excited for you and everyone on Easy Street! :) What a fun adventure for 2011. :)