Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16th

Somebody on Easy Street is having a birthday.  His name is Mr.

In honor of his day, Baxter ate a book.  (I guess that is one way to keep me from reading!)  Happy Birthday, Mr.!  Bax is trying to help you out, I guess.

Also in honor of his day, the church scheduled a meeting--of the long variety.  He happens to be on the committee holding the long meeting.  The last trustees meeting was two and a half hours long.  *groan*  I think they might find following an agenda helpful.  Heck!  Even having an agenda for the meeting might help.  It probably won't happen.  So... while he is at his meeting:  Happy Birthday to the Mr.

I am headed out tonight to replace the book and to find a suitable choice of birthday cake.  (Sounds like I'll have plenty of time while he is in his meeting.)  Happy Birthday, Mr.

I  did manage to surprise him with some swim goggles and a new "manly" beach towel for his morning swim.  His real gift he has to pick out himself:  a new grill.  (I imagine that I just might benefit from that gift myself!)  Happy Birthday, Mr.

I'm pretty much convinced that the Mr. is a gift I gave myself.  They don't come much better in the husband and father department. 

He might be a mess sometimes, but I'm glad that mess is mine! (Well, most of the time I am!)

Happy Birthday, Mr.
Love you lots!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUCKY for you MR. met you BEFORE he met me or he'd be living the dream with me........just sayin!!! Happy Birthday Ricky...have Mrs. E pinch your cute little toosh for me!! LOVE YOU

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Birthday to your Mr. You both are a sweet couple, and a gift to each other.

FlowerLady

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Mr.! And happy day to you that he's in your life!

Dandy said...

Happy Birthday Mr.!

And happy grillin' :)