Sunday, April 10, 2011

All Good Gifts

Our church and parsonage were dedicated today.  Both are just beautiful. The minister reminded us that it took 34 months after the tornado to get to this point. The choir sang about how all good gifts come from God.

We have amazing new school buildings, and there are beautiful new homes in the heart of Tiny Town. 

And for the last few months, one thought keeps going through my mind again and again:

"To those whom much is given, much is expected."  JFK

Or in the words of scripture, "And to everyone whom much is given, much will be required."  Luke 12:48

Tiny Town is a constant reminder that we are so blessed.  In fact, my entire life I have been blessed; not with great wealth or talent, but I've been blessed with wonderful family, friends, and students.  I've never had to wonder if I was loved;  I just knew I was.

How do I repay these things?  I have no idea.  I guess that is what we spend our lives trying to figure out. Sometimes I think it would be nice if someone would just spell it out.

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Mrs. E ~ The following touched my heart and soul.

***

I've never had to wonder if I was loved; I just knew I was

***

What a blessing! Not all are so fortunate.

Enjoy your life, family, to the fullest.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady