Saturday, April 16, 2011

Eucharisteo List

One of my favorite bloggers has started a new weekly project:  to list ten things she is thankful for each week until she hits 1,000.  You should visit her blog if you love vintage photos and loveliness.  I have decided to join Ragamuffin Girl.  What a pleasant way to end a week. 

So here are 10 things I'm particularly thankful for this week.

*  The way 16 year old boys rally around a friend who is facing a scary health crisis.  They aren't ashamed to show they are worried about him and that they care.  I sometimes forget with all the horsing around they do, that they really do love each other--even if they have strange ways of showing it sometimes.

*You see those eyes?  Mr. B loves to jump up on my lap, lay his head on my chest, and look me in the eye.  That is the best part of my day:  snuggle time with Baxter.  There is something so relaxing about petting a dog.

*Bright blue skies.  "Blue skies, nothing but blue skies..." 

*Trees budding and green leaves finally making their appearance.

*I know his music is old, but there is something about Jimmy Durante's singing that I love.  "Make Someone Happy,"  "Young at Heart," and "I'll Be Seeing You" are particular favorites.  His voice isn't terrific, but his songs just touch a chord in me.  This album, "As Time Goes By" is a particular favorite.

*Flip flops.  They are cheap, cute, and they just scream "summer."  They also make my toes happy!


*Social networking sites have their share of problems, but I still love facebook.  (I hate the game announcements and the horoscope postings, but the good still outweighs the bad.)

*The smell of smoke in the air from pasture burning is a rite of spring in this area.  The burning is coming to an end, and green pastures are sure to follow after the rains of the last few days.  I'm pretty fond of the guy (Dad) on the four-wheeler, too.

*Peanut butter on toast for breakfast.  I hated breakfast as a kid, but it has become my favorite meal of the day.
*I love walking in the door of my classroom.  It is still a thrill every single morning.  I hope it never gets old.

And what are you thankful for this week?

4 comments:

Gayle at Planet M Files said...

What a great list! I'm thankful for having a week without a crisis in it. Very thankful.

Anonymous said...

CrAzY CoUsInS!!!

Anonymous said...

It's a good reminder to be thankful.... i love your list!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

What a fabulous list! I could just hear Blue Skies playing in the background as I read each and every wonderful thing! Here's to life ~ and living in the moment ~ Blessings, me