Monday, June 20, 2011

Whew!!

The last few days have been a bit hectic on Easy Street.  Fun, but hectic.

K and CT invited us to Father's Day grilling on Saturday night.  CT's folks were here for the weekend, so the Mr., L, and I joined them for CT's cooking on the grill.  It was delicious: steak and corn on the cob.

The Mr. had to work on Sunday which was kind of a bummer.  LBB (Little Big Brother) and his wife hosted a Father's Day dinner.  L and I joined them, their three kids, and Dad and B for a wonderful meal.  Niece LC's homemade hummus was delicious!  Now, I feel the need to give it a try.

Before we went to dinner, L and I ran by the farm and were shocked to see all the damage Dad had from straight line winds.  The trees really took a hit. There is a lot of clean up to do.  Thankfully, the twenty-something nephews are visiting and are doing a lot of the work.  They are good buddies who don't get to see each other often these days, so they are bonding over chainsaws, hauling limbs, and repairing fences.  Bless their hearts!

For the next two days I am attending a State Conference on the Common Core Standards.  Over the weekend, I had to fill out a survey of what I teach.  It took two hours on computer.  I am almost dreading the conference now.  All I can see is how much curriculum overhaul we are going to have to do in the next few years.  It makes me tired thinking about it. *sigh*

On top of that, I am trying to figure out a fall production for Tiny Town High.  It seems like every spare minute is spent researching, reading, and trying to determine what direction to head.  The scary thing?  I still don't have a clue.  I imagine the boy principal and I need to sit down for a good long visit soon.

L is at conferences at her new school this week which should give her a chance to get a lot of questions answered.  K is working on her little lady bug's nursery.  (Red, pink, and brown for K--little birds, owls, and other animals for CT.)  I'm helping L with packing for her move and K with nursery/baby things. They have to do a lot on their own, but I pitch in here and there.

There is so much going on that I don't know what to write about first, so I don't.  Forgive my absence.  I'm a bit overwhelmed--and I've found that it helps if I think before I blog.  (I know.  Sometimes it is hard to believe that any thinking is going on here!)  

Tomorrow is the first day of summer.  And I was just thinking how fast the summer seems to be going.  Perhaps I ought to slow down and enjoy.  If I'm not careful, the summer is going to escape as quickly as the spring did. 

Savor the summer.  Savor the summer.  Savor the summer. And that's an order!

No comments: