Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Randomly Yours

Quite a bit going on:

*My cousin J had a lobe of her lung removed yesterday.  I have been so worried about her.  She is about 6 weeks younger than I am--and is one of the Fab 5.  (Five cousins all born in one year.)  I've been praying that she recovers quickly and completely.  It is so hard to picture her sick.

*The Easy Street family all went out to eat in U town last night.  This is L's last week in U town.  She moves to the big city on Friday.  And that is another thing on the prayer list!

*The Mr. swims at a YMCA early in the morning.  He has been urging me to join him.  Yesterday, I did.  The alarm went off at 4:30 and we were in the pool by 5:00.  I was back in Tiny Town in time to walk with K at 6:00.  And then I worked at the pool.  Can you say exhausted??  (And by the way, swimming is a lot more strenuous than I remembered.)

*It is hot, hot, hot.  Tiny Town High football camp is this week.  The boys have to be cooking.  A couple of them came out to the pool to cool off after camp ended for the day.

*Someone asked (Beth?) if I feel guilty about reading in the summer.  I probably should, but I don't.  Mom was a reader.  Dad was a reader.  They said it improved our minds to read.  I don't ever remember them saying that housework improved my mind.  Just sayin'!!!

*And today I am back at the pool in 100+ temperatures.  K is coming out early to take the Little Lady Bug for a swim.  (I know, Little Lady Bug doesn't know she is swimming.)  And then I am sending her home so she doesn't get too hot.

*I will post pictures of the son-in-laws garden.  It is amazing.  His tomato plants look like trees and are just loaded. 

*Finally, I had my first tomato sandwich of the summer.  The Mr. bought me a couple of tomatoes at the Farmer's Market.  He made me a BELT for breakfast yesterday:  a bacon, egg, lettuce, and tomato sandwich on whole wheat toast.  It was ahhhh-mazing! 

In the meantime, please pray for my Cousin J, for my sophomore boy who is having his tumor out of his leg at the end of this week, and for L's move to the big city. 

Weeks like this are exhausting without the swimming! 

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

A busy week for sure. Your BELT sandwich sounds delicious.

May your cousin's recovery be swift.
May L's move to the big city go smoothly.
May the young sophmore's leg surgery go well too.

Hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

Just talked to J @ 7:07 AM my time...SHE called me! Nothing like hearing from "The Queen" herself that she's gonna make it :o) Thanks for putting up with me yesterday!! OH...by the way that BELT sounds yucky !Love you my CrAzY cousin! Ree

Beth said...

Good point about the housekeeping and the mind. Although housecleaning does help physically--at least some of it.
I'm trying to schedule work times around the house (still have lots of stuff from the move to go through and figure out what to do with) and then I won't feel guilty spending time with my nose in a book. Thanks for the input. I will be praying. :)

A said...

Speaking of your little lady bug, I think you should post a belly photo :) Thinking of you family and student this week!

Anonymous said...

Some reading does improve the mind, depending---. h-cleaning improves everything!!! (we still think)

Dandy said...

I actually cringe when you say things like 4:30 am. I haven't started a new book this week because I have things to get done by Saturday!

Thinking of cousin J!