Saturday, September 17, 2011

Things I Love

What I'm Loving--

*sweater weather.  (That's what Mom always called it, and she said that's what her mom always called it.)
*a little space heater that looks like a fireplace.  (OK.  A really fake fireplace.)  It comes in handy when some idiot someone leaves the windows open and it is 49 degrees outside.
*flannel pajama pants.
*little signs on the front of my lectern.  A fun way to leave a message for my students.
Yesterday's message was "Be the person you were too lazy to be yesterday."  (In teacher speak that means do your homework, do it right, and get it in on time.)  That message may be on the podium a lot this year!
*It's a cell phone picture, but I love this photo of the little Lady Bug smiling.  She is changing daily.  This week she started reacting to her mama's voice.  Her eyes try to follow her.  And the Bug is beginning to make little cooing noises.  So sweet.
*Running intervals.  I run a couple blocks and then walk a block on my morning run.  It has been a nice change of pace. 
*Muscat wine.  I guess I should say, I love some muscat wines.  It's a dessert wine.  I don't like all muscats, but Red Electra, a California wine, is the best!
*Sophomores.  They are so funny, and we are finally able to have somewhat intelligent discussions.  It only took a month of school to get to this point.  (Trust me when I say that the first few discussions in class are painful:  immaturity reigns supreme and smart aleck is their native tongue. If I can nip it in the bud, the students can make great strides rapidly!)

Happy Weekend!  I'm planning to cram in a bit of rest and relaxation.  I'll let you know how that goes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
holybovine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.