Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympics 2012

We're Olympics fans on Easy Street.  The fact that they are in London, just makes it that much better.

I've said it before. I love all things British; Mom passed a lot of that on to me:  A.A. Milne, Yorkshire Pudding, Speckled Jim (a dessert made with suet--I kid you not!), "A Christmas Carol" and Mary Poppins. And I can't forget Dad's "The Walrus and the Carpenter."

Of course, the Beatles, JK Rowling, "Love Actually," Shakespeare, Queen, "Four Weddings and a Funeral," and Mini Coopers-- I came into on my own.  The girls of Easy Street are Royal Watchers.  Hot tea, scones, and lemon curd rank up there, too. 

We watched the Opening of the Games last night.  What a beautiful representation of the United Kingdom.  (All of which I would love to visit.)

So, I've cleared the DVR to record many hours of Olympics while we are otherwise engaged.

K is rooting for a former student who is in the Men's 200 in Track and Field.  I love the swimming, gymnastics, track and field, cycling, and the sailing.

This just reconfirms what I've been saying for quite a few years.  If I die before making it to England and Italy, I'm going to be very disappointed!

1 comment:

Scriptor Senex said...

I hope ypou make it over here - and I hope we won't disappoint.

I thought the Opening Ceremony did everyone proud - organisers, musiciand, athletes, and especislly volunteers. I loved it.