Wednesday, August 15, 2012

And We're Off...

Today is our first day with students.  We saw a few of them yesterday at our "Freshman First and New Student Orientation," but the entire herd will be there today.

Am I ready?  Well, my name is on the board, and my desk is fairly clean.  I have stacks of things to hand out:  agendas, student handbooks, tonight's homework.  (Yes.  I know.  Only a MEAN teacher gives out homework on the first day.  I like that about myself!)

Biggest question of the day for me:  Will my new shoes kill my feet?  The jury is out on that one.  It's a short day, so that is in my favor.  (I'm packing an extra pair of shoes to be on the safe side!)

The first day is always a short one.  It gives the teacher's voices and feet time to adjust.

Sophomores:  sophos (wise) + moros (foolish)  Yep, that about sums it up!  And there will be 80 of those wise foolish people waiting for me today.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Please update us on how it went.
what is the homework---this fellow English teacher is curious.

Casie said...

Oh to be a Wise Foolish "child" again! ;) -- Good Luck!

And I hope your shoes treat you well!

Can't wait to hear stories about these crazy wise foolish kiddos!