Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Daily Drag

So far this week on Easy Street:

The Lady Bug got a stomach bug.  Her mama was pretty worried when she threw up about 10 times between midnight and 6:30 AM.   "Mom.  She doesn't even know how to throw up."  I know, dear.  I know.  How well I remember.  And it scares a Mom to death.  I think there has been a lot of snuggle Bug time.  Oh, and a lot of laundry done. The Bug still wasn't keeping much down and was running a fever last night. Poor Bug--and poor Mama and Daddy.

Baxter is joining me on morning walks/runs.  He's going to get in shape for a 5K. (OK.  Maybe I need to get in shape, too.)  We've been going at 4 AM which is probably pushing it for my usual partners.  Bax doesn't complain. 

Why 4 AM?  The Mr. has landed a little part-time, post retirement job at a local business.  He opens the store at 4:30 a couple of days a week.  (So when he gets up, Bax and I get up.)  He's done at 8 when he leaves to go to his "real" job.  I think he has been enjoying the change.

Databases, Interlibrary Loans, Online card catalogs.  Yes, research papers have officially begun.  Jumped in with both feet and am now up to my neck. 

It is time to post information about auditions next week.  "Our Town" is coming to Tiny Town High.

Grocery shopping is done for the week.  The car is full of gas.  And the Mr. begins an annual RV show sale a couple of hours away.  I will join him for the weekend.  A get-away before the show begins. 

There is a lot of bad television out there, but I have fallen for "Downton Abbey," a Masterpiece Theater show on PBS.  Great show, and oh the fashions!  I'm telling you I was born in the wrong time period.  (Season 3 is set in the 1920's.)  And did I mention it is a British show?  Love, love, love it!

I've been spending time with my Nook lately.  I've finally had a bit of time to read:  The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, and Luxe by Anna Godbersen. I wanted to like the first, but the whole teens with cancer thing hit a little close to home.  I loved the Stein book that had a dog as the narrator.  The last one, I just started.  It is a young adult book series that I am looking at for my classroom.  I'll let you know.  But... finally reading! 

And there you have all the news that you didn't really need to know.

1 comment:

Hays Family 5 said...

I needed to know! Thanks for sharing. :)