Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Off to the Races

The last night of my summer was spent on a patio of a U town pizza place with Cousin A and her family.  (And I didn't take a single picture.  Soooo kicking myself!)  It was good to see her, her husband, and their three kids who are growing up so fast.  Every time I see A, I'm reminded how much we have in common despite the difference in our age and our distance from each other.   It was a nice way to end my summer.

So... my first day back today is full of teacher meetings.  By 4:00 or so, I'm hoping my room is ready to go.  (I think I can get it done before school, lunch, and after school.) 

And then tomorrow there are meetings, too--and I hope to finish a couple of things for the show. 

Yep. The rat race has begun.  My running shoes are laced and ready to go...


1 comment:

Amy said...

So lovely to catch up with you and the Mister. I feel the same connection, dear Cousin. Heading back to Chicago today, so I'm hoping it won't be too long until you come visit!! - Cousin A.