Friday, September 20, 2013

Goodbye, Dear Lady

Today, I am going to a funeral for local lady who died of pancreatic cancer, which she fought bravely for almost two years. 

Her husband hired me.  I was always so impressed by him, but when we started attending our church we had the chance to get to know his wife. The two of them were such a good example for the rest of us: unselfish, kind, and always concerned about others.  Our girls considered them almost another set of grandparents.  When they came home from college, they always found KR and A for a hug and some catch up time after church.  Any time they had a "Red Letter Day" in school, it wasn't unusual to find a card from A in the mail.  Good people.

I don't know what KR will do without his "better half."  (Though both halves of this couple were pretty great.) I just know that our community and our church will feel the loss, too.  

Today, I am celebrating how blessed I have always been to have good people in my life.  (Those were A's last words to K when she and the Bug visited her at the nursing home last week. "I am so blessed to have such good people in my life.")

She was quite a lady.

1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

It's sad to lose a friend, an inspiration. I am thinking of you. And praying for her family.