Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Bug

The Mr. and I took the Bug to church with us today.  (Her mama and daddy were out celebrating their anniversary.)  Enough jelly beans and animal crackers and she travels fairly well. 

We came home to Papa's goulash, almond milk, a long nap, and time on the neighbor's trampoline with Nina. 

The Bug, of which the title of this post speaks, was not the Lady Bug.  Her mama has sounded like death for a couple of days and when she came to pick her up, her face was all blotchy and red on her cheeks.  Uh oh!  And this is J-town's homecoming week.  Hopefully, her rash and cold symptoms will go as quickly as they came.

I could also be referring to the reading bug which struck this week.  I bought a copy of A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout for my Nook.  I haven't read much nonfiction lately, but this one has me hooked.  This is the story of a twenty-something woman kidnapped and held in Somalia for over a year. I can't put it down.  The only thing I can tell you is that I know she lived; she was on the morning news last week. 

So, there are a lot of bugs going around on Easy Street.  (And we can all pray that the grading bug hits soon!)

No comments: