Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Curtains

The "Wizard of Oz" ended on Saturday night.  It was a success in many ways.  Our talented students wowed the audience.  Adding Tiny Town's tornado footage (in black and white) to Dorothy's "vision" ended up being a touch that many audience members appreciated. 

Facebook lit up after Friday night's show, so attendance was excellent both nights.  We haven't had a sell out yet, but we are getting closer.  Over 1,200 people saw the show.

There have been so many kind comments in email, on Facebook, by phone, and in person.  I think it is safe to say that this is one show that won't be forgotten for awhile. 

And now?  I really should resign or perhaps take early retirement.  I can teach or I can direct, but I'm not sure I can do both. 

Oh....and yes, I fed my students for putting up with me for the last three weeks.  Poor things. Now, back to English!

(And when I rest up, pictures of the show to come.)

No comments: