Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Last Day

Today is officially the last day of school. Whoop! Whoop! 

Actually, I only had six students come in and take the final yesterday, so most of my students were done on Monday.  Yesterday after the finals, I did a lot of cleaning and sorting and rearranging.  Today will be round two of that.  If I finish and manage to check out, too--that will be the upside of my week.

The flip side of the coin?

Tonight is a Farewell Dinner for five staff members; all are moving on to greener pastures. I like retirement dinners. Farewell dinners are usually a bit awkward. Sometimes they are excited to go; sometimes they aren't.  This one will be a mix of both.

Then the beginning of my summer is going to be a bit grim.

Tomorrow, I am headed to the funeral for an English colleague's mom.  And tomorrow night, I will probably go to the visitation for a former student (graduate of 2007) who drowned at the lake on Sunday.

Kind of a strange way to end a school year. 

No comments: