Sunday, July 27, 2014

Let's see...

What have I been doing instead of blogging?

*Working at school in my room
*A day trip to the farm and the new loft in the hometown
*A curriculum meeting from 9-2 and working in my room until 4:30
*Individualizing the curriculum for each student in my new class
*Cleaning out the garage (4 1/2 hour job!)

Except for the trip to the farm, most of that doesn't sound like fun; however, there is nothing better than starting the school year prepared. (And nothing worse than starting the school year unprepared!)

So what is new?

*The Bug is sick. She's running a fever, throwing up, and scaring her folks. She is so pale, and soooo not herself. Poor little girl!
*Little Big E has learned how to pull himself to standing in his crib but can't figure out how to sit down.  Baby steps, E. Baby steps!

What is not new?

*Zumba classes on Tuesday, Thursday at 5:00 AM and Saturday at 7:00 AM.
*Couch to 5 K runs at 5:00 AM.  K and I are up to the 2 1/2 mile run.  Slow, but not too bad.
*Walking Baxter in the evenings.
*My Flex Fitbit. I had been averaging 8,000 steps a day, but now I am over 10,000 steps a day.
*Fighting Camel Back Crickets (They look like a brown grasshopper to me). The darn things think they own my basement. I am winning this battle! (Well, that's what I'm telling myself!)

Have I mentioned that we have our car back after the $10,000 deer hit it?  It sure is nice to drive my new/old car.

As for today?

*We are headed to a family reunion at my favorite lake.

This week promises to be hectic, too.  I need to make sure to enjoy the last two weeks of my summer: a movie or two, getting through a couple of novels, and a trip to the Water Park are on the agenda. 

No comments: