Thursday, August 14, 2014

Today's the Day

Today is the Mr. and my 38th anniversary.  It also happens to be the first day of 2014-2015 school year for the students of Tiny Town.  So I guess you know how I'm celebrating; I'm going to school.

I don't know much about the incoming class.  I try not to look at grades or past records.  People change.  They should have the chance to start the year with a clean slate. 

The little I do know is this:

1. They will be hot in room 304 in Tiny Town High.  (Still no AC.)

2. They won't be using computers for a couple of days.  (The tech guys have a bit of work to do.)

3. They will have "old school" technology,  until the tech center repairman arrives next week.  (Our tech guy is mad because they have had all summer to make the repairs, and they waited until after school started.)

Thank goodness today is an early dismissal.  I'm pretty sure that I will be ready to exit that room by the time 90 kids go through it with no AC. 

I'm also hoping the Mr. takes me somewhere cool for dinner.  (And somewhere that smells nice would be good to!)

Sending warm thoughts from No Tech Room in Tiny Town High.  And I mean warm!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I feel for you! My room is almost unbearable when the air isn't working.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy 38th! Have a lovely celebration tonight.

Hopefully you and the kids will survive the first day of school without a.c. and no technology.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Mary said...

Happy anniversary a few days late! Hope you had a good one!