Monday, September 29, 2014

The Latest 10 Randoms

Random facts you probably don't need to know:

1. My feet are a hot mess: callouses and white dry skin.  They are nasty.

2. The Bug has been indoctrinated by her other Grandma. I had a sore on my hand, and she said, "Do you need some Tea Tree?"  I burst out laughing.  Her other grandma is a believer in all essential oils.  Tea Tree is her favorite.  I can't get past the smell. Ugh! And now she has a 3 year old converted.

3. Little E used to stick his tongue out all the time. Now, he pulls his lower lip over his top lip like he is pouting. I thought he was about to cry when he saw me.  Nope. He's a little nut--and has the happiest chortle and toothless (well almost) grin!

4. I am blogging to avoid grading the final two sets of papers that I need to give back. Something good has to come out of procrastination.

5. You can buy the new flavors of candy corn and M&M's, but they won't live up to the original. (Though I thought the pumpkin spice candy corn were pretty delicious!)

6. The Mr. doesn't love pumpkin.  I do.  If I want a recipe with pumpkin, I have to make it myself. (Yeah, we don't eat many pumpkin flavored baked items.)

7. I just made the commitment (retirement plan wise) to teach another 5-9 years. (Our district is switching their early retirement option.)  I was wishing for a crystal ball before I signed the paper...if I only knew the future.

8. I hate spicy food. I hate pepper.  I am wondering if my taste buds are becoming more picky as I age.  Either that, or people are using more hot sauce or chipotle seasonings in food. There are some things I just can't eat.

9. I can feel it coming. I am guessing I am going to need a hearing aid in the next ten years. Darn it.

10.  I am waiting, not too patiently, for the next season of "The Newsroom" and "Downton Abbey." Reality TV has had to hold me over.

There you have it.  The news you didn't need to know.  You are quite welcome!

No comments: