Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Here We Go Again...

Funniest things to come out of the mouths of sophomores:

*"Mrs. E, we've got to get you a new hobby. This desk rearranging is getting to be an addiction."

*"When you say 'double space' does that mean you hit the space bar twice between every word?"  *sigh!  Yes, this is year two of that question.  Sadder?  Even after explaining it, she submitted her paper with two spaces between every word.  Ay yi yi!

*"After a comma or a semicolon, I don't have to space, do I?"  (You'd be amazed how many sophomores don't space after any punctuation. Drives me right up the wall. I now correct as many formatting errors as grammar errors. Holy cow!  Like it wasn't enough red ink already.)

*Student:  "Why did you sign me up for tutoring?"  Me: "Well, you've been gone for a week and need to catch up." Student: "Oh, you want me to make that up?"  Me:              (What do I say?  Why yes, sweetheart.  I think you better make up the work you've missed. Well, if you want to pass the class anyway.  argh!!!!) 

*Me:  "Why was another student logging in as you to take an Accelerated Reader test?"  Student: "Well, I gave her my login information for Biology, and she just typed in the wrong log in. That's all"   Me:  "You're talking about the login that is your first and last name?  And she mistakenly thought she was you and typed it in?"    Yes.  My students think I am stupid.

*"Mrs. E?  Do you know you have the date for today as September 24, 2010?"  And then I prove to them that I am stupid.  (What the heck was I thinking to write that on the board??)

And actually, this has been a great year.  Scary, isn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. I just chuckled- students are the same EVERYWHERE!
Cousin BJB