Monday, December 22, 2014

Flashback

I had a flashback last night at the Community Christmas Concert.  There were several young (4-6 year old) soloists.  They were so cute. And it took me back...

We were at a Country Church when I was probably 3 or 4.  (I don't think it was Christmas, but it might have been.)  Anyway, my Uncle David was announcing the performers.  I had evidently been volunteered to sing a solo of "Jesus Loves Me."  Uncle David said, "And next we will hear a solo from Mrs. E (of course, at 3 or 4 I wasn't known by that!)." 

I remember having a freak out moment because the only song going though my head at that moment was "Mary Had A Little Lamb," and I knew that wasn't appropriate for church.

Everyone was waiting and waiting, and I was shaking my head nooooo!  Every note of "Jesus Loves Me" was replaced in my head by Mary and her darn lamb.

Bless Uncle David's heart.  He said, "Well, I guess we won't be hearing a solo from Mrs. E..." 

And that pretty much ended my solo career.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, loved that story!! That may have been about the same time sister ML did her famous "See my teeth" line when she was to do a solo performance. Have a Merry Christmas! Cousin BJB

Anonymous said...

What a sweet memory! No doubt, LBB was up next to woo the crowd and your stage fright was soon forgot! Merry Christmas! J,V & L