Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Nights

Do you suppose there will ever come a time in my life where I look forward to Sunday evenings?

Right now, I'm guessing that isn't happening.

As a kid, I'd put off homework until Sunday night.  Then, one of two things happened. I either spent the evening doing the assignment (blah!), or I wouldn't do it at all--and then worried about the fact that I hadn't done it.

Now, I spend Sunday evenings working on lesson plans or grading papers.  If I make the decision to let something slide, I worry about the fact that I didn't finish what I needed to.

Throw in finishing the laundry, and Sunday evenings are about as much fun as going to the dentist.  And boy do I dread those trips.

I had a friend who used to go to the movies every Sunday night.  It was her way of extending her weekend as much as she could.  Smart lady.  I'm pretty sure she looked forward to Sunday evenings and the weekly date with her husband.  Me?  I'd spend the entire movie worrying about what I should be doing.

So...Sunday nights are spent half listening to The Good Wife, Madam Secretary, or The Newsroom, while most of my focus is on grading, writing tests, or working on lesson plans. 

Someday (in about ten years), I'd like to work at a job where I walk out the door at the end of the day and don't have to do a thing.

One.Of.These.Days!



No comments: