Friday, January 2, 2015

Favorites

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..."
These are a few of my favorite things right now:

*The Mr.'s medicine seems to be working.  Yesterday was almost pain free for the first time since October. I have a new appreciation for what my mom dealt with for all of those years.  He is more like himself than he has been in quite awhile.

*New family photos and a few new frames, too.

*A new iPhone-- a Christmas gift from the Mr.  (I went with the 5S, I couldn't justify the extra money for the 6.)  The best part--the battery stays charged.

*Quick Tease by Redken for my flat fine hair
*Johnson's Baby Creamy Oil for my incredibly dry skin
*They're Real Mascara by Benefits Makeup for my almost nonexistent eye lashes
 I know I have mentioned all of these before, 
and they aren't paying me for advertising--
I just love them!
(If they'd like to pay me, I could probably live with it!)

*A nightshirt that says "He knows when you've been drinking" from my CrAzy Cousin Ree.  (That was a great surprise in my mailbox--and hysterical!)  I'd tell you she's the best, but I wouldn't want it to go to her head! (OK. OK. To quote my teenagers: she's the bomb!)

*Walking with K and a colleague, but K can't run anymore which is kind of a bummer. (Dr.'s orders.)  The three of us do Zumba together, too. (And Kate can't do any jumping there either--Dr.'s orders.)  Funny, but I always knew that K and L would have loved this young colleague who is right in between them in age.  With K at school now, I'm finding out I was right.  Oh, and both the colleague and the exercise are favorites!

*New calendars.  (I think it is knowing that a new calendar symbolizes a fresh start. It doesn't guarantee a fresh start, but it gives me time to think about changes and how I want to fill those days in the new year. Always a good thing.)

*My Fitbit.  Right now, I am monitoring my sleep again, trying to figure out how to have fewer restless episodes. (Usually temperature related--though the fireworks at midnight on New Year's Eve weren't that helpful either.  And there is an incredibly loud train that rolls through town between 3 and 4, but other than that...!)

*I am particularly partial to the fact that today is MY day. It has taken every bit of break to get me to this point. The Mr. is at work, nothing is scheduled, and I don't have the flu. Tomorrow, I need to sew.  Sunday, I need to prepare for the new semester and a student teacher, but today is MY day! No quite sure what I am doing, but it might involve a book and/or a movie.

And last, but not least, there is snow in the forecast.  I think the Bug is ready to try out the sled on our hill again. She was quite disappointed with the skiff of snow we had.  She caught a flake on her tongue and that was about all. Baxter will be pleased, too!

"Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes..."
There you have it-- a few of my favorite things!

No comments: