Sunday, February 22, 2015

February Fun

Little E had a sleepover on Saturday with Nana and Papa.  We had a great time.  He loves books, but his play is all boy: rough and tumble. (He might have bit his tongue pretty good on one of his tumbles.) E is quite the dancer, too--any music will wind him up. On top of that, he is such a good sleeper.  I think Mommy and Daddy missed him quite a bit, and he was happy to see them, too. The house is quiet now, and Baxter is worn out!  (Little boys do love dogs.)

This is parent-teacher week, so there will be two long days. We are off on Friday, but we have also scheduled an optional rehearsal for the play. The show is going well, but usually there are a few who need work on lines.  We'll see how the week goes.

Last week, we interviewed for an English position and a journalism position.  A former student has been hired to teach journalism, and my student teacher this year has been hired to teach English next year.  In fact, there are some changes in my assignment for next year, too.  Half of my day will still be spent teaching sophomore English, but the other half will be spent teaching Speech, Drama, and Forensics.  This will require a classroom switch.  As much as I love my room, Tiny Town High has a beautiful Speech classroom, too. I bet you can guess what I will be doing next summer! 

I'm thinking that it is probably a good thing that February is a short month. It has been crazy, fun, and tiring. 

Now, when is Spring Break??


No comments: