Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sunday Miscellaneous

*Today is Sunday School Sunday, meaning that the Sunday School classes that have been on a break all summer are resuming.

*I used to hate Sundays when I was a kid. I have great memories of Church and Sunday school, but I didn't have my homework done and I didn't want to do it. Oh, the guilt!

*Sometimes, I just want to spend a Sunday in pajamas. When I find a church where pjs are the norm, I am soooo there.

*On Sundays, I usually have grading or lesson planning that I haven't finished. Oh, the guilt!

*I loved the old hometown church. I miss the little plastic white church bank that we put pennies into on our birthdays. (One penny for every year.) Kids loved it; adults were less enthusiastic.

*Today, I love CBS Morning News and a Methodist Church Service on TV. Both of them always give me something to think about.

*If I haven't already tackled it, Sunday sometimes becomes Laundry Day. (Definitely not exciting.)

*Sometimes Sundays have been hiking and fishing days, just enjoying being outside.

This Sunday, K is giving the Children's Sermon, so I am holding the Little Miss for her. It's a tough job, but I think I can handle it. Now, if I could just do it in my pjs!

No comments: