Saturday, April 9, 2016

Our Normal

Life has been crazy busy lately. I need a slow week or two.  Summer where are you?

Let's see...

We've had Easter celebrations that I haven't written about or even shared pictures. We had family in for dinner. Year #2 of torturing Little E with the Easter bunny. Poor kid. Someday, he will doubt our sanity.


 Sunday before church.
L and CB went home to go to their own church on Easter Sunday, 
so it was just K, CT and girls.

I had a terrific birthday. The Mr. bought me new running (walking) shoes. K and family gave me a favorite ball team's shirt and a pair of Reef flip flops. They have a bottle opener on the bottom. (Love it!.) L and family gave me a couple of cute Alex and Ani bracelets. I love them! Oh, and I bought myself a pair of OOFOS chrome sandals.
 The best part of the celebration!

Drama and forensics students ran a concession stand for the big home track meet. One night of headache was worth it when we cleared well over $500.

We've had Prom in Tiny Town with an Alice In Wonderland theme.
 Little people on the morning of Prom

I've graded State writing tests. (That gave me a headache.)

I've hiked with several friends on a U town trail one Saturday morning. (I am ready to start that regularly again this summer!)

The Forensics team has been to a tournament, and we head to Regionals next weekend.

The Bug had her first three-on-three soccer games this morning. We had a great time watching her play.

The Mr. bought me a new rake. Our yard is full of twigs from all the wind we've been "enjoying." I raked dead grass, leaves, and twigs today.

Weight training a couple days of week might kill me.  First of all, the getting up at 4:40 is tough. Then, the muscle ache from the seldom used muscles is deadly. (Nothing like not being able to walk down stairs or go from sitting to standing.)

It seems like we've had a lot of sad news lately. Sweet SIL lost her mom right before Easter. A cousin's young son is recovering from a terrible car accident. A former student died unexpectedly last week, several students were involved in an accident that could have been a lot worse than it was, and news reached me today of a former colleague who is in critical condition after a house fire. I think most of us are ready to holler "enough."

Right now, I have several days of grading staring me in the face. I just can't seem to catch up. I keep telling myself that summer is coming. I just wish it would hurry up!

One of these days I'll have time to write again--and then I won't have anything to write about.

So, in other words, things are running about normal on Easy Street.

No comments: