Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend 2016

What  a nice weekend!

My weekend actually began on Thursday night when I went to see a professional production of Beauty and the Beast. I had never seen a production of it, except for the one that I directed. It was wonderful and great fun to see all the little girls in their Belle dresses in the audience. It was especially nice to see some old friends, too. We went to dinner before and then to the show.

After the show, I drove to Big City to spend the night at L's house. Little E woke me up the next morning. So sweet. We took him to his daycare, and then L and I went out for breakfast before she headed to school.

I took my time going home, as I had taken a personal day. I had time for a pedicure and some window shopping.

Saturday morning, it was so nice outside that the Mr. and I drank coffee on the deck. He went to watch the Bug's last soccer game, while Sweet Sister-in-law and I went to a Mother's Day tea. On the menu were mimosas; Downton Abbey spiced tea; tiny sandwiches of salmon and cucumber mousse, egg salad with pickled radishes, and cream cheese and asparagus; lavender scones with Devonshire cream; strawberries filled with Mascarpone cheese; and famous Presidential fudge. We enjoyed a string quartet and then listened to a speaker share historical information on the influence of women. The speaker was a little long, but the rest of the tea was just wonderful.

In the late afternoon, I attended an outdoor wedding in Tiny Town. It was a simple service that took about 10 minutes, and then they cut the cake, toasted, and began the reception line. The food was delicious, and I had a chance to catch up with some former students and old friends. I love these simple weddings.

In the evening, K, the Bug, and I went to see the Tiny Town Big Senior production. There was quite a bit of silly fun and the seniors were having a ball.

Sunday, after coffee on the deck again, the Mr. and I headed to church. We left a bit early to meet L and E at a restaurant an hour away. CB was having a Mother's Day dinner with his mom, so we met for lunch and shopped for a bit.

 It was a pretty great weekend. AND...only one more weekend to go and school will be out for the summer! Woo to the hoo!

No comments: