Sunday, July 24, 2016

Cabin Days

Last week, the family rented a cabin at a nearby lake for two nights. The kids and grandkids spent some lake time celebrating just being together for longer than 3 or 4 hours at a time. Rick and I had told them that this is what we wanted to do to celebrate our anniversary.

The weather and water weren't terribly cooperative: over 100 the whole time and dangerous blue-green algae in the lake. The kids are so little that we didn't want to risk them getting sick from the water, so we had to improvise. Thank goodness for water balloons. (And I was really grateful for the gizmos that allow you to fill and tie 100 balloons at one time in a matter of seconds.)

These photos are from Water Fight #2. The first fight started with the kids and water balloons when suddenly glasses of waters were dumped on us from above. Papa and CB were up to no good, and the kids loved it. The second fight involved water balloons and glasses of water. The kids weren't going to be surprised again.


Your age didn't matter in this fight. The littlest Bug had no idea what was going on but was as soaked as anyone. She sought safety with Uncle CB. She is his biggest fan! She loves her Uncle CB.
This is her "I have no idea what the heck is happening" face, "but I keep getting soaked."

The Mr. and I rented a pontoon one morning so we could spend some time on the lake if we couldn't be in it.




Avoiding sunburn was the challenge of the day.

The last evening we went to a new restaurant on the lake for dinner. We plan to return in all the seasons of the year to enjoy the views from their decks.

It was so nice to have time to spend together, though K and L should not be turned loose on Snapchat face swap.

I say that, but I downloaded Pokemon Go. Crazy, but I wanted to know what my students have been up to when school starts. I found my first Pokemon at the lake. (I think it is fairly overrated, but it does seem to be the latest craze.)
We enjoyed coffee on the deck in the morning and watched the sun set in the evening. We might try to figure out another long weekend trip next summer. I'm ready to go again. And all of us being together was the only thing we wanted for our anniversary. It was a great way to celebrate.
Oh, and I might be wanting a lake house again. *sigh
Mrs. E

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like you had a great time, despite having to improvise! Happy Anniversary!