Friday, August 12, 2016

Lack of Blogs and Miscellaneous

Between working at school and watching the Olympics, I haven't had much time for blogging.

The classroom is about ready to go, but I need to work on my lesson plans. I think I have everything ready and then someone reminds me of something else I need to include or do. *sigh!

I need the Olympics to end so I can get some sleep. Staying up until 11 and waking up to a 4:45 alarm means I am not that well rested. (Though I rarely make it until 11.)

So, this is what I love this summer:

The Daily Skimm. I signed up for it on email. It is a humorous look at the news. I didn't think there was anything funny in the news, but their write ups both inform and make me laugh. My favorite section this week: People Who Are More Fit Than You. Of course, it is covering the Olympic athletes. (Like I needed reminding that they were more fit that I am!) This is called the Skimm for a reason; it is the shortened or condensed version of the news.

LuLaRue. This is the Tupperware of clothes. The skirts, dresses, tops, and leggings are affordable, comfy, and really cute for work or play. AND...you can only buy them through a home or online party. (For every item I have added to my closet, I have subtracted one, too. Goodwill loves me.)

Yeti glasses are aluminum glasses that keep your cold drinks cold and your hot drinks hot. The problem is that they cost. A lot. About $40. Come to find out, there is a brand almost like it called Ozark Mountain that actually rates a little higher than the Yeti and sells for about $10. I liked that price. And it kept the ice in my water for 18 hours yesterday.

The Bug is having her birthday swimming party tonight. E and his momma are coming for the fun and spending the night. It has been two weeks since I've seen the Little Man, but it seems like longer. He and the Bug will be glad to see each other, too.

L has already started back to school in her new role as an instructional coach. I think that she is finding that not organizing a classroom and planning for 20+ students has made her life a bit less stressful in some ways. She is still learning the ropes, but I think she is enjoying this job so far.

For me, this is the last weekend before school starts. I'd be sad, but at least I will know what day of the week it is again.

There's always a perk.

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It's always good to get a glimpse into your life.

Hard to believe school is starting once again. I hope you and your daughter both have a great school year, with wonderful students.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady