Sunday, December 11, 2016

December- Five Days to Go

I am counting down the days. My students are, too. One of them talked me into a countdown on my board. Now, the students are bouncing off the walls, and I am impatient for break to arrive. Huge mistake. On a positive note, we are down to only 5 days left.
To give you an idea how wound up the kids are this was our student section at Friday Night's game. Here they are singing a rousing version of "Jingle Bells" to the opposing team. (I haven't figured out how their minds work, but it beats the "Mary Had A Little Lamb" they sang to a team during volleyball.)
This morning, I ended up taking the Mr. to the ER where they helped him pass a kidney stone from his kidney into his bladder. He was miserable. I'm hoping the transition from bladder to out isn't quite so bad. (Wishful thinking?) Ho! Ho! Ho! And Merry Christmas to him. Blah!

When we arrived home from the ER, I went to church. Besides having the cookies for the coffee after, it was the kids program and the Bug was playing her first piano solo. Her momma was sick, so I ended up sitting with her.
"Away In the Manger" was pretty darn good for a kid who has had a whopping 4 piano lessons so far. The bow after was precious. That girl!

And then L sent me this sweet picture of E with Santa. She said he climbed right up and asked for a race car. (Sure hope Santa delivers.)

He looks a little tentative. Either that or he is tired of Mom taking pictures.

And now back to grading--and finals. (Please let this week go fast.)

No comments: