Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Anniversary, Birthday, and First Days

This was written in August and never posted. (Don't ask. My life is not my own.)

These long gaps mean busy days. Fun days, but busy days.

The Mr. and I celebrated our 41st anniversary early last week. We didn't do much as it was my first inservice day for this school year, but we went out for dinner that evening.

Meanwhile, the Bug has been celebrating her 6th birthday. Last Saturday, there was a swimming party. On her birthday, Papa and I joined the Ts for breakfast and presents. And then in the evening, we went to a local restaurant for a "Big Girl" dinner out.

Finally, the Bug had her first day of school. She was pretty irritated last year when Mommy and Daddy decided she would wait a year to go to Kindergarten. ("How would YOU like to be the oldest kid in your class???")  Our good friend, Pat, who taught Kindergarten had to be smiling down from heaven. She said August birthday kids were usually not quite ready for school. K remembered her words.

So, off to school went the 6 year old and she had a great day. The bus drops her off at the HS so she can meet Mom after school. She was tired, but pretty excited. She was also fairly disgusted that school started on a Thursday. She didn't want a weekend. She wanted to go to school. I told my students that I'd like to know where kids lose that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your post (even if it was written in August). I think about you often and your busy, busy life. Cousin BJB