Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

We had such a nice Thanksgiving. On Wednesday evening, all of the Tiny Town folks went to Big City to spend the night with the Bs. We celebrated CB's birthday, played a fun dice game (winner, winner, chicken dinner!), and had Thanksgiving dinner (L's cooking--yum!) with them on Thursday.

On Friday, all of my family gathered at Little Big Brother's for a Thanksgiving Dinner. There were 27 of us. His oldest son is headed to Niger, Africa for six months. He and his wife were home before he leaves. It was good to see them. We were all thankful it was a beautiful day so the kids could play outside.

Saturday, the Mr. ad I went to the last U game of the season. (They won in the final seconds!) We stopped in to see the Mr.'s little brother and his wife for a bit after the game. We have missed seeing them. It seems like it is harder to get together for holidays these days.

Today, I am headed to church and will spend part of the afternoon decorating for Advent. The house isn't done, but hopefully I will find time after I finish at church.

So what am I thankful for this Thanksgiving? 

*Grandchildren who make me laugh and give the best hugs
*Facetime so I can talk to those kiddos
*Being reminded how much fun school can be when I watch the Bug and her love of Kindergarten
*The Mr. keeping me going all fall with cooking and other household duties. (Those 14 hour days at school are long.)
*Students who make me laugh and challenge me to be on my toes
*Colleagues to collaborate with and share our stories of joys and woes
*Good books and movies to make me think and provide relaxation
*Boots and leggings and all comfy clothes  (Those leggings don't make it out of the house without a skirt or tunic over them!)

Mainly, I am thankful for family: the family of my childhood, our family of today, my school family, and our church family.

Counting blessings here on Easy Street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leggings! I love them, but totally a agree- they are for under a dress or a finger-tip length (minimum) tunic! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. BJB