Sunday, June 28, 2009

One Brief Shining Moment


"Don't let it be forgot
That once there was a spot
For one brief shining moment
That was known as Camelot."
Off to see one of my favorite musicals with the Mr. today. I don't know that I have ever seen it on stage before. I am looking forward to it. I love the music of Camelot.
So what would my Camelot be like?
  • High temperatures of 70 with overnight lows in the 50's. (Spring, summer, and fall)
  • Situated on a body of water: lake, river, or ocean
  • Lots of trees and flowers
  • We'd have to be able to experience all 4 seasons

Yep, that is about it, though I am sure you can remind me of things that I have forgotten.

I just finished Resilience by Elizabeth Edwards. She had a Camelot, and then it got dented quite a bit. She won't get back to Camelot again, but she is sailing on to new and uncharted lands. "Adjusting her sails," as she says. Aren't we all adjusting our sails as the winds change? I'm hoping for gentle breezes and sunshine--and I wish that for you, too!

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Gentle breezes and sunshine sound wonderful! I wish them for you, too!